Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Inside Out
The ultimate, in-depth reference
Dive into Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and discover how to simplify information sharing, make team collaboration more efficient, and improve your personal productivity! This supremely organized reference is packed with hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. It´s all muscle and no fluff. Discover how the experts tackle Windows SharePoint Services and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery!
- Create sites and Web pages from within a browser, or with Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007
- Build discussion boards, surveys, alerts, and RSS feeds
- Manage shared content with lists and document libraries
- Design document and meeting workspaces for powerful team collaboration
- Connect to SharePoint data sources, external databases, and XML files to display real-time data
- Learn best practices for installing and deploying a Windows SharePoint Services server
- Administer sites and site collections; back up and restore databases and servers
- Develop and implement custom Web parts and configure content types
- Fully searchable eBook
- Comprehensive guide to online resources:
- 80+ templates for applications, site administration, and server administration
- Demos: See Office SharePoint Designer 2007 and SQL Server 2005 in action!
- Six video presentations on enterprise search with SharePoint Server
- Tools for disaster recovery
- White papers, technical articles, and webcasts
- Windows Vista Product Guide eReference and other eBooks
About the Author:Errin O´Connor has been working as a consultant on Microsoft solutions for the past nine years and has worked on enterprise implementations at companies such as Lockheed Martin, ConocoPhillips, Fannie Mae, UBS, and Chevron. He has worked with the Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies suite since 2001 and has probably worked on more SharePoint implementations than any other consultant in the United States.
Errin is the founder and senior SharePoint architect of EPCGroup.net, a Houston-based SharePoint implementation and custom .NET Framework-based applications consulting firm. He is focusing his efforts on rolling out SharePoint in organizations throughout the country as a true content management solution, an intranet solution, an internet-facing solution, and a centralized platform on which organizations can house all of their .NET Framework-based applications.
When not working on SharePoint implementations, Errin enjoys exotic cars and attending professional sports events. He founded HTownExotics, a Houston-based exotic rental car and timeshare company, where he enjoys the interaction with his clients and being able to share his passion for these unique automobiles.