Microsoft XNA Game Studio 2.0
Learn Programming Now!
Create your own games for Windows and Xbox 360 as you learn the underlying skills and concepts for computer programming. With this hands-on guide, you´ll dive right into your first project, adding new tools and tricks to your arsenal as you go. No experience required!
Teach yourself how to program and bring your game ideas to life!
- Learn XNA Game Studio and Visual C# fundamentals and challenge yourself with each chapter
- Write code to create and control game behavior
- Build your display and manipulate colors, graphics, and text
- Add 3D effects; capture and cue sounds
- Process input from gamepads and keyboards
- Get creative with gameplay and multiplayer features
- Tweak existing games and invent totally new ones
About XNA Game Studio
Now you can build your own games using XNA Game Studio 2.0 a downloadable kit of prebuilt components to use with Microsoft Visual C#. Work directly from your PC for Windows-based games, or use your Xbox LIVE connection and XNA Creators Club membership for Xbox 360 games.
C# is a simple and widely used programming language. By the end of this book, you´ll know how to write code with Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Express Edition to build your first games and programs.
About the AuthorRob Miles
has been teaching computer programming for more than 25 years. An expert on Visual C# and a Microsoft MVP for Device Application Development, Rob enjoys inspiring new and experienced programmers. As well as writing his own games, programs, and poetry, Rob has consulted on a wide range of commercial software projects.