Create Dynamic Charts in Excel 2007 and Beyond
Create Dynamic Charts in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 and Beyond
Extend your Excel 2007 skills - and create more-powerful and compelling charts in less time. Guided by an Excel expert, you´ll learn how to turn flat, static charts into dynamic solutions - where you can visualize and manipulate data countless ways with a simple mouse click. Get the hands-on practice and examples you need to produce your own, professional-quality results. No programming required!
Maximize the impact of your ideas and data!
- Learn how your design decisions affect perception and comprehension
- Match the right chart type to your communication objective
- Visualize - then build - your solution using the author´s five-step approach
- Apply the science of color to make the right things pop
- Add controls - such as drop-down lists and scroll bars - without coding
- Use conditional formatting to dynamically highlight and analyze data
- Unleash your chart-making creativity - and bring numbers to life!
The Contents at a Glance:
- How to Use this Book
- 1. Basic Information - Basic Techniques 1
- 2. New Approaches - Getting Started 41
- 3. Perceiving, Interpreting, Understanding 105
- 4. Colors, Areas, and Outlines 155
- 5. Graphical Objects 199
- 6. What, For Whom, How, and With What? 239
- 7. Elements of Dynamization 289
- 8. Chart Types - Conventional and Exceptional 351
- 9. Dynamic Chart Formatting and Other Tricks 421
- 10. Presentation Solutions That Pack a Punch 469
- 11. Fulfilling Special Requirements 505
- 12. More Than Numbers 531
- A List of Sample Files 561
- Index of Procedures 565
- Index 569
- About the Author 577
- More than 150 sample, customizable charts for various business scenarios
- Helpful worksheets and job aids
- Bonus content and resources
- Fully searchable eBook
About the Author Reinhold Scheck:Reinhold Scheck (born in 1945) lives in Berlin, Germany. His freelance work is backed by 25 years of management experience in education, medicine, and software application development. His longtime business activity as entrepreneur - mainly in cooperation with KPMG - addressed the use of Microsoft Excel for operational and strategic controlling.
For several years now, he works freelance in a broad spectrum of activities: consulting, developing data-processing solutions based on standard software, designing training, learning and presentation concepts, and lecturing at professional seminars. His books have been published by Microsoft Press and have received excellent reviews. He also works for some periodicals and for the Berlin daily newspaper "Der Tagesspiegel" where he answers readers´ questions about Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
All this work is based on the following attitude: Before customers spend a lot of money on expensive custom applications or external services, they should try to exploit their standard software, which can provide much more than most users are aware of.