Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician Training Kit
MCITP EXAM 70-685
Announcing an all-new SELF-PACED TRAINING KIT designed to help maximize your performance on 70-685, the required exam for the new MCITP certification: WINDOWS 7, ENTERPRISE DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN. This 2-in-1 kit includes the official Microsoft study guide, plus practice tests on CD to help you assess your skills.
1. EXAM PREP GUIDE
Ace your preparation for the skills measured by MCITP Exam 70-685 - and on the job. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce and apply what you´ve learned through real-world case scenarios and practice exercises. This official Microsoft study guide is designed to help make the most of your study time.
Maximize your performance on the exam by learning to:
- Manage and maintain computers running Windows 7
- Troubleshoot authentication and encryption issues
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and printer problems
- Configure User Account Control and Windows Defender
- Support wired, wireless, and remote VPN users
- Configure and troubleshoot Internet Explorer security settings
- Monitor and troubleshoot updates
- Analyze desktop applications and solve performance issues
Table of Contents
- Troubleshooting Hardware Failures
- Protecting Client Systems
- Understanding and Troubleshooting Remote Access Connections
- Troubleshooting Software Issues
2. PRACTICE TESTS
Assess your skills with the practice tests on CD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers - including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
Your kit includes:
- 15% exam discount from Microsoft. Offer expires 12/31/14. Details inside.
- Official self-paced study guide.
- Practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and a learning plan based on your results.
- 200+ practice questions.
- Case scenarios, exercises, and best practices.
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide, plus sample chapters from Windows 7 Resource Kit.
Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
The Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Desktop Support Technician certification validates your ability to resolve desktop application, network, and security issues, and support and maintain systems that run Windows 7.
About the Authors Tony Northrup and J.C. MackinTony Northrup, CISPP, MCSE, and Microsoft MVP, is a networking consultant and author living near Boston, Massachusetts. Tony has authored or co-authored more than a dozen books on Windows and networking for Microsoft and other publishers, and has written hundreds of articles for TechNet and other technology publications. When he´s not consulting or writing, Tony enjoys golf, hiking, and nature photography.
Tony is co-author of, among other books, Windows Vista Resource Kit (Microsoft Press, 2007), Home Haching Projects for Geeks (O´Reilly, 2004), MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-299): Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network (Microsoft Press, 2004), and Network Essentials Unleashed (SAMS/Macmillan, 1998). He is the author of Windows Server 2003 Troubleshooting Guide (Microsoft Press, 2005), NT Network Plumbing (Hungry Minds, 1998), and Introducing Windows 2000 Server (Microsoft Press, 1999).
J.C. Mackin (MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCDST, MCT) is a writer, editor, consultant, and trainer who has been working with Microsoft networks for more than a decade. Books he has previously authored or co-authored include MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-291): Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure; MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-443): Designing a Database Server Infrastructure Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005; and MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-622): Supporting and Troubleshooting Applications on a Windows Vista Client for Enterprise Support Technicians. He also holds a master´s degree in telecommunications and network management.
When not working with computers, J.C. can be found with a panoramic camera photographing medieval villages in Italy or France.