Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 Step by Step
Build exactly the skills you need. Learn at the pace you want.
Teach yourself exactly what you need to know about using Microsoft Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, and OneNote®-one step at a time! With STEP BY STEP, you build and practice new skills hands-on, at your own pace.
Topics include creating effective documents; using themes, templates, and other formatting tools; building spreadsheets to perform calculations and manage data; producing and delivering compelling presentations; digitally organizing your notes and to-do lists; and other core topics.
- Create effective, professional-looking documents
- Build spreadsheets to calculate and visualize data
- Design and deliver polished presentations
- Digitally capture, organize, and share your notes
- Work with graphics, themes, and templates
- Customize each program to work your way
The Table of Contents of "Microsoft® Office Home & Student 2010 Step by Step":Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
Microsoft Word 2010
- Explore Office 2010
- Work with Files
Microsoft Excel 2010
- Edit and Proofread Text
- Change the Look of Text
- Organize Information in Columns and Tables
- Add Simple Graphic Elements
- Preview, Print, and Distribute Documents
Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Set Up a Workbook
- Work with Data and Excel Tables
- Perform Calculations on Data
- Change Workbook Appearance
- Focus on Specific Data by Using Filters
Microsoft OneNote 2010
- Work with Slides
- Work with Slide Text
- Format Slides
- Add Simple Visual Enhancements
- Review and Deliver Presentations
- Explore OneNote 2010
- Create and Configure Notebooks
- Create and Organize Notes
- Follow the easy numbered steps
- Use screenshots to check your work
- Get helpful tips and pointers
- Practice your skills hands-on using ready-made practice files
Your Step by Step digital content includes:
- All the book´s practice files - ready to download and put to work.
- Fully searchable online edition of this book - with unlimited access on the Web. Free online account required; see inside back.
About the Authors Joyce Cox, Joan Lambert, and Curtis Frye:
|Joyce Cox has 30 years´experience in the development of training materials about technical subjects for non-technical audiences, and is the author of dozens of books about Office and Windows technologies. She is the Vice President of Online Training Solutions, Inc. (OTSI).|
As President of and principal author for Online Press, she developed the Quick Course series of computer training books for beginning and intermediate adult learners. She was also the first managing editor of Microsoft Press, an editor for Sybex, and an editor for the University of California.
|Joan Lambert has worked in the training and certification industry for 13 years. As President of OTSI, Joan is responsible for guiding the translation of technical information and requirements into useful, relevant, and measurable training and certification tools.|
Joan is a Microsoft Office Master (MOM), a Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS), a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), and the author of more than two dozen books about Windows and Office (for Windows and Mac).
|Curtis Frye is a freelance writer and Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for Microsoft Office Excel. He lives in Portland, Oregon, and is the author of eight books from Microsoft Press. He has also written numerous articles for the Microsoft Work Essentials Web site. Before beginning his writing career in June 1995, Curt spent four years with The MITRE Corporation as a defense trade analyst and one year as Director of Sales and Marketing for Digital Gateway Systems, an Internet service provider. Curt graduated from Syracuse University in 1990 with an honors degree in political science. When he´s not writing, Curt is a professional improvisational comedian with ComedySportz Portland.|