Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 Step by Step
Build exactly the skills you need. Learn at the pace you want.
Quickly teach yourself the fundamentals of SharePoint Foundation 2010 - and help improve the way your team collaborates, communicates, and gets work done. With Step By Step, you set the pace - building and practicing the skills you need, just when you need them!
- Set up your team site, customizing its layout and features
- Capture and organize content into libraries and lists
- Manage and share your team´s ideas, documents, and data
- Use blogs, wikis, and workspaces to connect and collaborate
- Work seamlessly with Microsoft Office programs
- Automate business processes with built-in workflows
Your Step by Step digital content includes:
All the book´s practice files - ready to download and put to work.
Fully searchable online edition of this book - with unlimited access on the web.
The Contents at a Glance:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Chapter 2: Navigating a SharePoint Site
- Chapter 3: Creating and Managing Sites
- Chapter 4: Working with Lists
- Chapter 5: Working with Libraries
- Chapter 6: Working with Web Pages
- Chapter 7: Working with List Settings
- Chapter 8: Working with Library Settings
- Chapter 9: Working with List and Library Views
- Chapter 10: Working with Surveys and Discussion Boards
- Chapter 11: Working with Workflows
- Chapter 12: Working with Workspaces and Blogs
- Chapter 13: Using SharePoint Foundation with Outlook 2010
- Chapter 14: Using SharePoint Foundation with Excel 2010 and Access 2010
- Chapter 15: Using SharePoint Foundation with InfoPath 2010
- Chapter 16: Finding Information on the SharePoint Site
About the Authors Olga Londer and Penelope Coventry:
|Olga Londer is an architect at Microsoft, where she works across countries and geographies to help Microsoft´s technical audiences, such as developers and IT Professionals, to take the best advantage of Microsoft´s products and technologies. She has written several books on Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), she has won the British Computer Society IT Trainer award, and she has been a frequent speaker at numerous conferences and a technical content lead for many international Microsoft conferences, including TechEd. Before joining Microsoft in 2004, Olga was a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for SharePoint and IIS and worked for QA Ltd, a leading IT training and consulting company in the UK, where she led many SharePoint implementation projects for blue-chip clients. Olga lives in London.|
|Penelope Coventry is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for Microsoft SharePoint Server and an independent consultant based in the UK, with more than 30 years of industry experience. She currently focuses on the design, implementation, and development of SharePoint-based solutions, and she has worked with SharePoint since 2001. Penny has written a number of books, including Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 Step by Step, Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 Step by Step, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Administrator´s Companion, Office SharePoint Server 2007 Administrator´s Companion, Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies Resource Kit, and two editions of Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Step by Step. Penny is frequently seen at TechEd, either as a Technical Learning guide or on the SharePoint Ask-the-Experts stand. She also speaks at the SharePoint Best Practices conferences, the European SharePoint Evolution Conference, Swedish SharePoint and Exchange Forums, UK SharePoint User Group meetings, and SharePoint Saturdays.|